There are two quick actions you can take that may resolve the issue immediately:
- Ensure you are running the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. You can download the most recent version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Switch browsers to Mozilla Firefox which you can download here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
If these two quick actions do not work, Spark Hire suggests users take the following steps to fix the issue.
1. In the address bar of Google Chrome, type: chrome://plugins
2. Hit Enter and your Google Chrome Plug-ins will load.
3. On the Google Chrome Plug-ins page, click the Details link on the far right.
4. When the details about all of your Plug-ins expands, please find the Adobe Flash Player plug-in.
5. You'll notice there are 2 files for the Adobe Flash Player plug-in. Disable the one that is associated with Google Chrome by clicking the Disable link as outlined in the screenshot below.
6. After disabling the Google Chrome Adobe Flash Player plug-in (pictured below), close and restart Google Chrome.